Thursday, August 15, 2013

prednisone, day 2

Last night I had trouble sleeping.  When am I going to learn that if I have caffeine (even one can of pop) past 5pm that I'll be up all night?  So anyway... I was up until past 5am this morning.  whoops.  I slept until 10 and then went in to the office.

Today the foot started off pretty sore (still a VERY noticeable limp) but now I think I'm barely limping.  It's still painful, though.  I've been wearing compression socks all evening and I iced it around supper time while I was catching up on a few episodes of Pretty Little Liars.

I SHOULD be a complete grump today... but I'm not.  Yesterday and today I've felt that my moods have actually been stabilized.  I feel like I have a very flat affect.  The only other side effect I noticed today was that I felt like I had an unquenchable thirst... but I'm not hitting up the bathroom any more than normal so no wonder I'm starting to feel puffy.

I decided it'd be best if I rested my foot again today. I was scheduled to run 3 easy miles. I did look longingly at the treadmill though, the couple of times I went down to the basement to do some laundry. I'm scheduled to do 3 miles tomorrow, 5 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday.  We'll see how my foot feels.

I got my physical therapy scheduled today.  I start on August 27 (which also happens to be my first official speed workout... a total of 7 or 8 miles).  I hope it helps with my tight left side.

Karl took the little kids to see some bears at a bear sanctuary about an hour and a half away this evening.  The kids had a BLAST.  They saw lots of bears... and even saw one go poop (you know that's the highlight of their adventure haha).  I opted not to go with.  Instead, I put up the curtain rods that I DIY'd a few months ago and just haven't gotten around to installing in the kids's rooms.  That's just 1/2" electrical conduit and brackets made out of sundry hardware supplies and spray painted black.

Just have to figure something out for a finial...

And then I went to the store to get an ice cream cone for supper.

And watched 3 episodes of Pretty Little Liars.  I just have the episode that aired on Tuesday left to watch and I'll be all caught up!  Towards the end of the third episode I decided I might as well do some core work.  So I did.  And then I did a plank.  1:30 baby!!!  The last 15 seconds was accomplished purely by sheer willpower and really wanting to get to 1:30.  My last plank (last week) was a minute and I definitely felt it in my core this time...

Oh!  Do you like the new blog design?  I'm not sure why... but last night I went on an adventure with Google... found myself looking at pictures of popes and saints in glass coffins and then at Victorian death photos.  I was nervous I would have nightmares about dead people so I worked on a new design at like 1am.  Took me about an hour.  I've never used picmonkey before and I LOVE it!!!  It's what I used to make the header.

No comments:

Post a Comment